CAVENDISH MAY PROPERTY LTD, (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By visiting www.cavendishmayproperty.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“), the data controller is CAVENDISH MAY PROPERTY LTD of Cavendish May Property, 20-22 Wenlock Rd, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom
Information We may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.cavendishmayproperty.co.uk (“our site“) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with us, accept our services, pay for any services provided and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number(s), date of birth, financial and credit card information.
- Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or the other services We provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us in writing;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information We collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Our Payment Processor;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We do NOT share your data with third party advertisers. This means you will never receive communication directly from a third party through the data you have provided us. From time to time, We will offer promotion of other services from third parties we have selected that We believe complimentary to our business and our offering. Such communications will only ever be sent through our own mailing servers, and no personalised data will not be shared with third parties without your opt in.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CAVENDISH MAY PROPERTY LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CAVENDISH MAY PROPERTY LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be made through our Payment Processor who will be responsible for the protection of the information that you provide to them.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us to amend, or delete your data at any time. We encourage you to keep information we hold up to date, such that we can send you emails, opportunities & other marketing from ourselves relevant to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. At the entering of such a request, we will aim to delete your information forthwith, and information will be deleted within 30 days of the request, although some data may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our sites for a period of time.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.